Malaysia has never been a country that leads the eSports betting industry. But still, there are plenty of Malaysians who enjoy eSports and wanna try out betting. And if you are one of them, then prepare to discover how you can place wagers from Malaysia and learn how to choose the best bookies.
But if you are not up for choosing a bookie, grab one of those licensed platforms and be ready to place some bets in a minute!
- Up to $100 cashback on CSGO matches
- 20+ esports titles to bet on
- Lightning-fast withdrawals in 20 cryptocurrencies
- Main esports included
- Huge promo bonus
- Windows, iOS, Android apps
- 11 esports games
- Lots of website languages
- Android and iOS Apps
- 10+ esports titles and in-play bets
- Various deposit/withdrawal methods
- Lots of promotions and bonuses
- Focus on esports and virtual sports
- Fiat money and crypto supported
- Agressive marketing promotions
- Lots of esports to bet on
- Attractive website design
- Variety of payment options
- Popular esports games
- Interesting website design
- Plenty of bonuses and promotions
- Both popular and niche esports
- Lots of promotions and bonuses
- Fast transactions and customer suppot
Laws Regarding eSports betting in Malaysia
The central document that has dictated the fate of gambling and betting in Malaysia is the Betting Act of 1953. This act prohibits all kinds of gambling, like casinos, and is also used for placing bets. Thus, bookmakers can't legally operate from Malaysia, as they might be put in jail for that.
But, if you don't want to be a bookmaker and want to place eSports bets, you shouldn't be worried, as the Act of 1953 suggests punishment only for bookmakers. So how do you bet if there are no betting sites in Malaysia? The answer is simple - use offshore bookmakers. A similar decision helps many other bettors from all over the world. For example, eSports betting in Japan is also prohibited, but offshore bookies are allowed. The same situation has occurred around eSports betting in Singapore, where eSports are popular, but bookies are banned.
Which Countries' Bookmakers Can I Use
As we stated, you can avoid the prohibition of bookmakers in Malaysia by using foreign platforms. Thus, the best betting regions are:
- Germany. The German government has issued plenty of rules related to gambling. The state of betting on eSports was changing back and forth from legal to prohibited. But now, Germany finally allows betting platforms that are officially licensed. Learn how to bet on eSports in Germany, and win your first prize quickly.
- Brazil. eSports betting in Brazil is highly developed due to the large number of gaming fans. Thus, Latin America is home to a bunch of Dota 2 and CS:GO leagues, and of course, it has some high-quality bookmaker services.
- Philippines. eSports betting in the Philippines is regulated by the Philippine eSports Organization, which occurred in 2012 due to the surge of eSports popularity. So nowadays, there are plenty of licensed and safe betting sites in the Philippines, ready to take eSports bets from foreigners.
- United Kingdom. The British Kingdom is known for its list of outstanding bookmakers like bet365, Betway, and others. Thus, UK eSports betting is one of the most prosperous in the world and gladly greets foreign bettors.
- Canada. Even though Ontario became the first province to legalize eSports betting in 2022, some great bookies have already started appearing in the region. As a result, you can find bookmakers for eSports betting in Canada with great features like generous bonuses and various markets.
- Australia. Everyone who is over 18 years old can visit one of many Australian eSports betting sites and enjoy premium betting on legal platforms.
- United States. The United States has various politics toward eSports betting. But recently, most of them caught a tendency to legalize it like New Jersey and Nevada. Learn how to bet on eSports in the USA with this brief page.
How to Choose eSports Betting Websites that Accept Malaysians?
Some Malaysians find it hard to choose offshore eSports betting sites, but it is quite intuitive. The selection process requires you to look at some of the website's parameters, and you will have a general picture of the platform. Here are the main components for the best eSports betting sites for Malaysians.
|Acceptance in Malaysia||First, you need to ensure that bookie accepts players from your country. Info about that can be easily found on the chosen website. Specifically, make sure that the bookie accepts Malaysian ringgit and payment methods available to you.|
|Licensing||The last thing you want to experience when trying to bet is losing your funds to criminals. To avoid that, make sure that the bookie has a legitimate license. Each licensed platform is issued a unique license number which is often placed at the bottom of the website.|
|Bonuses||To spice up your betting experience, bookmakers add promotions and bonuses to their websites. With the help of these tools, you can get basically free money for wagering as soon as you meet some requirements. For example, welcome bonuses are given to every newcomer, and to get it, you just need to deposit $10 (may vary).|
|Games and tournaments||The eSports betting platform you choose must have at least a few games to select from. It is important as it gives you more betting options, which is always great. Also, don't forget that these games must feature many eSports events. While almost any website offers to bet on major eSports tournaments, minor ones are ignored. Such a tendency can create periods when you simply have no match to bet on, so avoid it.|
|Payment options||Lastly, don't forget that you must always have access to your funds when betting. That is why you should ensure that bookie offers at least one payment method you can use. But of course, the more it has, the better it is.|
Read this article about how to bet on eSports online and uncover even more useful tips you should consider.
What is the Future of eSports Betting for Malaysia
So as we discovered, betting sites in Malaysia are rigidly prohibited. And this is closely related to the religion followed by most Malaysians. Obviously, Muslims will not change their mind soon, so the eSports betting sphere will remain the same.
However, many people in Malaysia are into video games related to eSports. As proof of that, one of the most popular eSports events for the Dota 2 - Kuala Lumpur Major is conducted in the corresponding city. Such tendencies are great for eSports betting fans.
So, in the end, we don't know whether Malaysia eSports betting sites will be legal, but we hope that the government will find this sphere profitable for them too and ease the legislation.
Most Popular Games to Bet on in Malaysia
Among tens of eSports games, Malaysian bettors have chosen their favorites. Even though you should be familiar with most of them, some might still be unknown. That is why we will present them and clarify why people bother betting on them.
Dota 2 Betting in MY
Dota 2 has always been an eSports game in Malaysia's highest niche. It is a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) that suggests two teams of five players each. Teams play on a three-lane map with turrets, map objectives, and creeps that go along the lanes from each side every 30 seconds. Thus, they have to occupy those lanes where they will meet opponents. To win the game, one team must break through turrets, get to the enemy's base, and destroy their throne.
PUBG Betting in MY
PUBG is the most popular eSports game in the battle royale genre. The major difference is that in PUBG, players use weapons (guns, melee weapons, rocket launchers, etc.) to fight, and the map gradually gets smaller until it forces all the players to meet. As a result, PUBG matches are highly unpredictable, and each outcome is unknown until the end. But due to the action-packed gameplay, the game will not let you get bored.
Arena of Valor Betting in MY
Arena of Valor has very similar rules to Dota 2, as both games fall under the MOBA genre. Thus, the goal of the match and how players reach it are basically the same. But what AoV does differently is the visual style (graphics are more cartoonish) and the game's pace. So if you want to enjoy faster games that won't last more than 30 minutes but still have all the advantages of MOBA, you will like Arena of Valor.
Valorant Betting in MY
Valorant is a first-person tactical shooter that revolves around agents (characters to pick) and their abilities. Thus, each team must have five agents with unique abilities to win the game, and they should score 13 rounds to do that. Round is won by eliminating all the opponents/planting or defusing a bomb (depends on the team side). These goals can be achieved in various ways due to the possibilities opened by agents' skills.