Date Last Modified: January 10, 2022
Any information that is collected about visitors of the Website by Tips.gg is referred to as “User Information”.
Tips.gg is the Controller and responsible for the operation of the Website.
The particular kinds of information we gather usually depend on how you interact with us. We may collect and process categories of data as follows, however, this list is not exclusive:
- Personally identifiable information (first and last name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, display name, STEAM friend code) only if you are registering for an account on our Website;
- Username, password, and other details about the User that help us secure our Users.
- Information on your visit of the Website, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address, browser type and version, screen resolution, browser language, time zone, operating system, type of device;
- Demographic information which indicates your age, gender, and country;
- Information from any research or surveys submitted by Website User within surveys (on a voluntary basis only) on various topics, including events and experiences, media consumption preferences, how we can improve our Website etc.;
- Information from the content of messages you submit through any of the fillable forms on the Website, such as feedback you write;
- Information from public postings, which is any information submitted to us to be displayed on the Website, including any communication/material you provide to be posted or consent to be posted to a publicly viewable area of the Website, such as a comment or a review. Please acknowledge and understand that you shall have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality with respect to the content you submit via the Website as a comment or review, whether or not your submission includes personal information.
- Information on users’ preferences (like preferred games, matches, cybersport teams, tournaments or run pages);
Tips.gg does not collect and does not process any sensitive personal data (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or any kind of membership).
This Policy only addresses what happens if you visit the Website and this Policy does not apply to information collected by Tips.gg online in the public domain or through any other means or any third-party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
We automatically collect some information about how you interact with and navigate Tips.gg, as well as the device and software you use to do so:
- Your use of the Tips.gg (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, browsing heatmaps, searches, referral/exit pages, cookies on/off, and activity and interactions from our Website through third-party links, including chat logs);
- Your computer or device (such as IP addresses, mobile network information, unique device IDs, processing capabilities, manufacturer and model, language and other regional settings, geographic location, and screen resolution, color depth and similar settings);
- How Tips.gg performs, including problems you may encounter (such as loading errors and response times).
We may use technologies like cookies, scripts, and our own servers to help us collect and store this information, including in log files.
Purpose of data processing:
We process the User Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiry/request;
- To improve the contents of the Website and its operation;
- To comply with regulatory obligations (if any);
- To provide you with information in case you have signed up for any newsletter or to provide/receive feedback;
- For other reasons, to the extent permitted by the law.
Change of purpose
We will only use User Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please note that we may process User Information without your consent in the limited number of situations only where this is required or permitted by law.
User Information will be deleted:
- once it is no longer needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected;
- once you request your Personal data to be deleted, if Tips.gg is not obligated legally to keep such data.
Tips.gg may share your User Information with third parties located within the European Economic Area if 1) required by law; 2) to allow proper operation of the Website (for the purposes of servicing the Website, including providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the Website’s functionality, surveys and other features offered through the Website); 3) in case there is another legitimate interest.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights and proper protection of our business against risks.
In case Tips.gg shares User Information with third parties, such third parties will be bound to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them and in line with the consent that you have submitted with respect to your User Information and such third parties will be bound by the obligations related to User Information processing of the same level of data protection.
User Information will be shared with those employees, agents and third-party providers on a need-to-know only basis and subject to non-disclosure undertaking.
We reserve the right, and you hereby expressly authorize us, to share User Information in the cases listed above.
- The right to access – You have the right to request Tips.gg for copies of User Information collected by Us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Tips.gg corrects/completes any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Tips.gg erases your User Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Tips.gg restricts the processing of your User Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Tips.gg processing of your User Information, under certain conditions.
You shall be entitled to other legal rights as may be pertinent to data protection laws in a particular jurisdiction.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Us at our email: [email protected]
Tips.gg uses Web analytics service to analyze and monitor activity on the Website. The Web analytics utilize cookies, which are files placed on the hard drive of your computer, tracking the way a User navigates the Website.
We set the first-party cookies, which collect information like your language preference and login information and third-party cookies, which are set by Web analytics and exist for marketing and advertising purposes.
Certain User Information is collected through enabling cookies, i.e. browser type, operating system type, network location (domain), IP (Internet Protocol) address and other similar information, as well as referrer data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting the Website and your movement and activity within the Website, however, no personally identifiable information.
Tips.gg uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This arranges for IP addresses to be further processed in abridged form. The User may refuse from Google Analytics tracking of User Information by:
- preventing the storage of cookies by setting his browser software accordingly;
- downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en or
- clicking this link to prevent future collection by Google Analytics on Tips.gg website. An opt-out cookie is stored in the User’s browser. However, the User should note that he must activate the opt-out cookie in every browser he uses on all devices and must also reactivate it if necessary once all cookies in a browser have been deleted.
Tips.gg uses aggregated User Information to analyze and improve the design, use, and content of the Website.
Tips.gg may use other technologies such as Web beacons and flash cookies to track efficiency and effectiveness of our Website.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Website if cookies are disabled.