Legends of Runeterra, or LOR for short, is a popular multiplayer collectable card game (CCG) among esports fans, and bets can be placed on the game’s various events and tournaments using betting sites. Here, the most basic information can be found about LOR: what it is, how to play, how to esport bet, major events, tips, and much more.
- 15 esports titles
- Lot of esports betting markets
- Most famous esports sportsbook
- Esport focused brand
- Various ways of deposit and withdrawal
- Several incentives and promotions
- One of the oldest and most reliable brands
- Separate section for esports gambling
- Lots of betting markets for popular games
- 20+ esports titles to choose from
- Lots of gambling markets and live bets
- Brand with an excellent reputation
- Live esports and mobile betting
- Competitive bonus offerings
- Crypto and e-wallets with fast banking
- Started as esports bookmaker
- Lots of live markets available
- Payment options include crypto
- 12+ esports games
- Attractive website design
- Lots of betting markets
- Lots of esports to bet on
- Attractive website design
- Variety of payment options
- One of the best choices for US customers
- Esports, traditional sports, poker, and casino
- Special bonuses for Bitcoin deposits
- Esports focused brand
- Clear and simple functionality
- Organizer of LOOT.BET tournaments
- Covers top esports games
- Lots of pre-game betting markets
- Separate live gambling section
- Popular esports games
- Multiple payment options
- Mobile friendly design
What is Legends of Runeterra?
Legends of Runeterra is a card game based in the League of Legends universe and developed by Riot games – LOL being one of the most popular MOBA video games worldwide that many players place bets on – and LOR is a free game with collectable cards that was released in 2020. Just like other tabletop and digital card games such as Magic: The Gathering, Legends of Runeterra has similar gameplay and strategy.
Unlike other games in the CCG genre, Legends of Runeterra is known for not being pay to win, and it is fairly straightforward to unlock new and better cards by simply playing.
In the market of esports bookmakers, LOR is bound to have lots of tournaments and championships for players to place their bets on. So far, there has only been one – the Legends of Runeterra World Championship hosted by Riot Games in September of 2021. Moreover, there is also a weekly tournament that gamers from Europe can take part in and there are lots of community-created LOR esports events.
Difference between Legends of Runeterra and League of Legends
The distinction between LOR and LOL is crystal clear – League of Legends is one of the most popular MOBA video games that was released in 2009 by Riot Games, and Legends of Runeterra is a 2020 digital card game also created by Riot Games, which is set in the world of Runeterra – which is where League of Legends takes place. Both of them are available for esports betting, although LOR does not have a lot of upcoming events yet due to still being a very new game.
Are there any Legends of Runeterra Esports Tournaments to Look Out for?
Out of the major esports events hosted by Riot Games, there have so far been the following betting options:
- Legends of Runeterra World Championship 2021;
- Legends of Runeterra World Championship 2022.
The Worlds tournament in 2021 had a prize pool of 200,000 USD. With the events of Qualifiers for Europe, Americas, and Asia/SEA, 16 players were picked to participate. Four groups of four contestants each were formed, with the top two from each team moving on to the playoffs, which had 8 participants, and a single elimination bracket. On the World Championships, bookmakers typically offer high esports betting odds.
As time passes, there will be more Legends of Runeterra game events and tournaments as the game is still only a few years old.
How to place bets on Legends of Runeterra
Placing an esports bet on Legends of Runeterra is simple, following the step-by-step guide below:
- Find an esports betting site. Most of the popular betting platforms offer bets on esports, and it turn it is likely that LOR is one of the available choices;
- Sign up. Create an account at a betting site of preference, which does not take that long;
- Make a deposit. In order to bet money, a deposit must be made – it is best to go through the site’s esports betting bonuses and activate it to get a bonus when making a first deposit;
- Place a bet. Go through the esports section and find a Legends of Runeterra event, select all the conditions for the bet, and click the “Place bet” button;
- Great job, a bet was successfully placed on Legends of Runeterra!
All of this can be achieved on a PC/desktop, and by using esport betting apps.
Popular Legends of Runeterra Betting Markets
The Legends of Runeterra betting markets are the same as for most esports choices, so there is no problem with potentially having to get used to new ones. The betting markets can be:
There are also many options of live esports betting while watching the LOR game unfold right in front of the screen, and some websites allow its customers to indulge in esports crypto betting.
Legends of Runeterra Betting Tips
To win when wagering on Legends of Runeterra events, there are some things that should be considered.
Know the Players
In order to successfully wager on an esports match, bettors should thoroughly prepare. One of the ways to do that is by observing how each competitor plays the game, and to study their strengths and weaknesses. That way, it may be possible to make predictions about who may win.
Look at the Players’ Match History
When wagering on a match, it is highly important to check if the two opponents have played against each other before. If something like that has indeed taken place, then the bettor should see if the gamer who lost got much better and trained. If not, then whoever had the victory may win again.
Understand the Game
Fundamentally, bettors should understand the game before making wagers. The easiest way is to get hands-on experience by downloading and playing it. The more card matches the player goes through, the more knowledge of the game and the potential scenarios of how a match can play out will be increased.
How to Play Legends of Runeterra
To start playing Legends of Runeterra, the player first needs to download and install the game. This should be done through the official website by logging into or creating a Riot Games account, downloading it, and then going through the installation process.
To play a match, players should get a couple of cards first. Conveniently, three distinct decks with diverse playstyles will be available as soon as you finish the introductory match.
The fundamentals of each Legends of Runeterra match are divided into four phases:
- Draw Phase. Each player receives a card draw and an extra mana gems point;
- Spell Phase. By using mana gems, the attacker can cast spells or call units;
- Combat Phase. The attacker has the option to commit his units on the field after the initial round of spells has finished. This arrangement must remain in place until the attack is finished;
- Review Phase. Both players have the option of passing their turn once the attack ends or spending their remaining mana gems to call troops or cast spells. During the phase, mana may only be used to power spells; summoning units is not permitted.